Feel relax mind-body workout that keeps your stomach soften while you sleep!
Knee to Shoulder
A While in plank position, with arms straightened and back rounded, bend right knee and bring it to right shoulder
B Open right leg to right side.
C Bring right leg back up to Downward Dog Split. Repeat on other side. Repeat five times.
Set-Up: From down dog, shift your weight forward until your shoulders stack directly above your wrists (arms remain straight). You are in proper alignment when you can shift back and forth between Plank and Down Dog without having to move arms or legs. Legs are now straight and you are on the balls of your feet. This should feel and look like the top of a push-up.
- Arms and legs are straight
- Spine and torso are making a straight line like a plank of wood
- Engage your core by sucking your abdomen in and up
- Hips remain level with legs and spine*
- Chin is gently tucked so that your neck is a continuation of your spine
- Hold for 30 to 60 seconds.
Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
Set-Up: Start in a tabletop position. Stack your shoulders directly above your wrists and hips directly above your knees. This is the width between hands and feet that should be maintained in down dog (and plank, but let’s not skip ahead). Tuck your toes and straighten into your arms and legs. Press your hips back and skyward into downward facing dog.
- Arms and legs should remain straight so your body looks like an upside-down V
- Spread your fingers wide so the middle finger points to the front corners of your mat
- Ears should be level with your biceps so that your neck is a continuation of your spine
- Suck your abdomen in and up
- Stretch your heels down towards the mat
Thanks; http://www.shape.com and http://www.yogiapproved.com